Monday, October 25, 2004

Some thoughts about UFO's

This article; Disclosure: UFO project launches public campaign , got me thinking about UFOs again. Over the years I have read some books about UFOs, looked over lots of stuff on the Internet, and wondered what was really going on. It seems in the last few years I have become more skeptical, feeling that UFO zealots are like a lot of religious people, seeing only what they want to see and believing only what they want to believe. This press conference which occurred in 2001, seems like it should have gotten a lot more attention than it did (I never heard anything about it), as a large group of prominent people came forward as witnesses to UFO sightings and government efforts to cover-up the phenomenon. The very fact that it garnered very little attention is suspicious. It certainly makes me wonder; What the heck really is going on? The easiest explanation is that the mainstream press simply has a list of "offbeat" subjects, it won't investigate because doing so would hurt their credibility. There are other explanations, but they all involve some kind of conspiracy which is something I really have a hard time buying, but right now I am thinking again whether any of these alternate explanations could make any sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|